Thursday, March 09, 2006

WowWee Unveils First Robot Media Hub (Article)

PC Magazine reports: "Looking unlike any robot I've seen before (or any of WowWee's previous products, SCOTY stands roughly two feet tall and consists of an ABS plastic metal frame with a series of illuminated rectangular panels affixed to it. The two uppermost panels are articulated so that the integrated camera can watch you and the room . Built as part of a joint venture with Philips Electronics, SCOTY is many months from release. Still, the prototype we saw used its head-mounted video camera to recognize us, microphones on top of the uppermost panel to hear us, and speakers to greet us and respond to our commands."

This is a real cool product, its unlike any robot that you may have seen in the past. It kind of reminds me of an interactive desk lamp (read the article and you will understand what I mean).

I would love to have one of these devices after they come out on to the market. Although, I don't know what I would do with it, but I think it would be cool to have.

No comments: