Thursday, September 30, 2004
Monday, September 27, 2004
Apple has always tried to be a leader in computer design field, and never the follower. As far as I am have seen they have succeeded. I only have two problems with the Mac, one the limited software available for the platform, two the price.
Saturday, September 25, 2004
The Chilling Effects Clearinghouse is a joint project of the Electronic Frontier Foundation and Harvard, Stanford, Berkeley, University of San Francisco, University of Maine, and George Washington School of Law clinics. It's an web resource of your online digital rights, for example if you ever received letter asking you to remove information from your site or to stop engaging in an activity.
Computer of the Future
This is an interesting picture what computer scientists in 1954 envisioned what home computer would look like in the year 2004.
Awesome Video of a Jet
A movie clip showing a US F4 Phantom Jet crashing into a concrete wall built to withstand a nuclear blast, to test its strength by crashing it into at 500 MPH.
The Most Awesome Car Chase Video
This video contains the most awesome car chase that I have ever seen. Watch it, watch it, watch it.
Do You Speak Engrish
Engrish is a web site dedicated to the humorous English mistakes that appear in Japanese advertising and product design.
Tuesday, September 21, 2004
When I started this blog, I intended it to include a lot more of my thoughts, views, and opinions. But it mostly contains links that I find during the week. This is not a bad thing from my point of view, generally what I post is something I find really interesting that I want to share with everyone.
I have posted a lot of links for entry, some of them might have seen on other sites a few months back. I intended to post most of these several months ago, but I am just now getting around to doing it.
- Why Windows Still Beats Linux
- SQL Server 2005 Express Edition - Technical Preview. Need a local database for you application development? Try out the latest version of MSDE.
- Windows Media Player 10 - Try out the latest version of WMP 10.
- Information on the newest version of Windows Update site, read Fred Langa's article.
- Microsoft Launches Web Messenger, now you can use MSN messenger in your browser without the client installed (Microsoft .NET Passport account).
- The final official release of Skype Launches Version One has finally been released. The new version has several great, and includes the ability to make calls PC-to-Phone call to anyone anywhere in the world (fee-based service).
- Tyrant is a graphical roguelike fantasy adventure game. It features intricate randomly generated landscapes, towns and dungeons. It is written in Java with a highly extensible game engine.
- CNET reviews Cell phone radiation levels. Find out the highest and lowest levels for your cell phone.
- An Artificial Brain with 20 Billion Neurons - Artificial Development from California developed an artificial brain running with Linux.
- RFtracker.com: Track RFID tags and their owners around the world. For more information. For a demo demo.
- Humor: Check out the new Computer Cookery 5000, it is a computer and an oven. By using the heat generated from Intel's new Prescott processor, you can surf the Internet, and heat your food all at the same time. This infomercial require Flash in order to play it.
- JibJab.com is an interesting site that contains some very funny flash animation. There is a very funny animated Bush/Kerry flash movies that lasts about 2 minutes. Note: this movie does contain some inapproaite lanuage, so please use your own disgression when watching it.
News of Interest
- NASA to build 10,000-processor Linux computer - The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) has given the green light to a project that will build the largest ever supercomputer based on Silicon Graphics Inc.'s (SGI) 512-processor Altix computers.
Sites of Interest
- Join the Digital Liberation Television Front - The FCC has madated that on July 1, 2005 all HDTV DVR (Digital Video Recorders) equipment must support a digital broadcast "flag" that protects the content from being copied and distributed. To help fight this EFF is posting information on how to create your own 'Legal' PVR (Personal Video Recorders).
- The Online Slang Dictionary
- American Museum of the Moving Image
- YouSendIt.com - A free service that allows you to send a file up to 1GB to another PC or person.
Saturday, September 18, 2004
For more information, see their site.
It is important to remember that major job boards (listed above) should only be a small part of your career search. You need to submitting your resume and applying for job at company web sites, and some of the smaller niche specific boards like:
Also make sure that you tell everyone you know that you're looking for a job, and be ready to answer there questions about the type of job you're looking for. This type of network is one of the best tools for find a new job.
If there you want any more advice, I would be happy to share it with anyone. Just email me using the link on the side of this page.
Friday, September 17, 2004
This site demonstrates how comprise these locks with nothing more then a Bic ball point pen. This exploit is nothing new, it was first published in 1992 in a British bicycle magazine.
Sunday, September 12, 2004
There is not much information at this site, but the whole idea is Interesting.
The reason why I publish this Blog, is because I really like computers and technology. So today, I am going to publish some of my favorite Christian web sites and resources that are available on the Internet.
Friday, September 10, 2004
Thursday, September 09, 2004
Having the SP2 on CD is great if you need to loan itout, or need it around just incase you're reinstalling the OS.System Requirements To install Windows XP Service Pack 2 via CD, you need:
- Windows XP Home, Professional, Media Center, orTablet PC Edition installed on your PC
- 233Mhz CPU or faster
- 64MB of RAM or more
- 1.6GB of available space on your hard drive for theinstallation
- CD-ROM drive
Thursday, September 02, 2004
Microsoft's lack of multicultural savvy cost the Redmond company millions of dollars.
Funny Microsoft Q Articles
A collection of computer humor from Microsoft.
An email rejection letter service.
Microsoft Error Messages T-Shirts
The king daddy of all error messages.
Dannys Desktop Wallpapers
4,000 free desktop wallpapers, and some screensavers.
The Quantum Sleeper
A high-level security system for sleeping. (I don't think this is a joke)
MailFrontier Phishing IQ Test
Test Phishing IQ Test, and see how well you can identify phishing emails.
A Voice-over-IP newsletter
Free Clip Art and Templates for Microsoft Office
You can download free clip art and templates for Microsoft Office 97 and newer
- Microsoft Office Clip Art and Media
- Microsoft Office Templates