Thursday, June 28, 2012

"Low Energy Nuclear Reaction" or LENR (formerly known as Cold Fusion) Real or Not?

Several months ago I got into a discussion with my teenage son about different types of energy production.  For some reason, he was convinced that "perpetual motion" was real.  I tried to explain that the scientific consensus that a perpetual motion device would violate the first and/or second law of thermodynamics.  Anyone who knows my son, also knows it can be difficult to change his mind.

For the last several years, I have been hearing more people talk about "Low Energy Nuclear Reaction" also known as LENR (formerly known as Cold Fusion) as being a plausible and clean form of energy production.  I figured if my son wanted to investigate controversial technologies, I would prefer him investigating LENR then perpetual motion.

Below are some of the most reliable sources of information that I have found so far on the subject:

Here is an excerpt from an article posted on the NASA web site"Although there is a quite long history of "anomalous" observations, including transmutations, the "recent" consideration of Low Energy Nuclear Reactions (LENR) began in the late 80's with the Pons/Fleischmann observations and assertions regarding what they termed "Cold Fusion." However, subsequent difficulties with experimental replication and an utter lack of convincing theoretical explication forced research in this arena "underground" with minimal financial support. " Finish reading the article: Low Energy Nuclear Reactions, the Realism and the Outlook


Video: NASA LaRC | Abundant Clean/Green Energy by Joseph Zawodny.


More related information:

No comments: