CNet reports: "Sun Microsystems has fulfilled its pledge to make its newest version of the Solaris operating system available for free."
New feature include:
- Support for 64-bit x86 processors
- Linux Application Environment, allows unmodified Red Hat Linux programs to run.
- Solaris Containers allows you to subdivide the OS
- New file system called ZFS (Zettabyte File System)
- DTrace, or Dynamic Tracing finds performance issues.
- Predictive self-healing
- and more...
To download the Solaris 10 go here (registration is required).