Thursday, July 17, 2003

Blog Name Change

First of all, I am changing the name of my blog from 'Hello World...' to 'In My Humble Opinion'. I chose the first title "Hello World..." from a very famous code sample that most new programmer use when they're first learning how to program.

For example, here is the Hello World program in BASIC:
10 Print "Hello World..."

>run
Hello World...

The reason for changing the name to 'In My Humble Opinion', is because the phrase has always stood out to me. I believe if you start a statement with this phrase you automatically invalidate the humbleness of your comment. The phrase is almost an oxymoron. because of the contradiction between humility and while trying to express ones opinion.

Okay, I am going to stop ranting here about this subject. I really don't believe that anyone really cares why I did this, but just in case anyone wondered why I choose the strange titles.




Now for Something Completely Different...

Stamp It Out
Ever wanted your own first class stamps? All you have to do is upload your own pictures, and presto you have your own stamps. Note: If you think that you can use these images to create stamps to fool the post office, you will be sorely disappointed, but is still a cool site.

Automatic Bad Movie Trailer Generator
This site creates bad movie trailers like the ones you see on TV and in theaters, only these are randomly generated on the fly. Each trailer is made up of random elements that are combined differently every time you view it. You can play it over and over repeatedly and you'll never get quite the same trailer.

Window RG (RG stand for 'Really Good')
It's a Flash version of a Windows XP spoof...


No comments: