Thursday, October 09, 2008

Compare credit cards' rental car insurance policies

CreditCards.com reports: "If you're a veteran car renter, it's likely you routinely decline the rental company's offer of additional insurance coverage, smug in the knowledge that you're not wasting money. After all, if you get in an accident, your credit card will cover your deductible, right?"

Every now and then I have to rent a car. I always decline the damage protection options that they try to up-sell you, but I sometimes wonder if I am making a mistake. The credit card I use is suppose to have coverage for renting cars, but I never thought about the limitations of the it until I read this article.

Suggestion:
  • Check the limitations of the coverage offered by your primary insurance and credit card on rental cars. Make sure that you are properly covered incase of an accident.

No comments: