Saturday, September 27, 2008

Do we really need another browser?

Google recently released a new browser called Chrome, and now I am asking myself do we really need another browser? For years Netscape Navigator and Internet Explorer fought a feature war, and Netscape lost. Then several years later, Firefox rose from the ashes of Navigator with all new code. Then took the Web by storm.

Although before Firefox there is another browser called Opera that seems to always be setting trends in the background. Although, it never really made huge waves as far as market share.

Much later, Apple wanting more of the browser market so they released a Windows version of Safari. I have to admit I have personally never tried it, and never have really heard too much good or bad news about it in the press.

With all these choices, I wonder if people are just getting tired of this all. I only use I.E. and Firefox, and as much as I like Google products, there would have to be real compelling reason for me to change. Although, I might try Chrome out of curiosity to see if I like it.

No comments: