Thursday, October 28, 2004

The Robots are Coming, The Robots are Coming...

One of my hobbies is to monitor the pulse of what is going on with technology. The latest trend that I have been seeing is a real revolution in robots for home, and for the hobbyist. Robotic devices and kits have been around for years, but I have been seeing trend where more and more articles have been appearing about new robotic devices and kits that now are available.

For example:

I really think that we are going to entering into Robotics revolution similar to the home PC revolution of the 70's and 80's. Robotics clubs and hobbyist have existed for several decades, but I believe we are going start number of these clubs and hobbyist shoot through the roof.

I believe eventually, this robotic revolution will start to make robots more and more main stream. Pretty soon you won't be able go into a house that doesn't have some type of robotic device doing something, such as vacuuming, cleaning, etc...

No comments: